Incredible But True
- There are about 30,000 beard hairs on the face of the average man—the greatest concentration on the chin and upper lip.
- Hair grows about one millimeter a day.
- Hair grows faster during the day than at night.
- The ideal shave angle (razor blade meeting the face) is 28-32 degrees.
- Hair on the neck grows parallel to the skin.
- 42% of men report that they have no facial hair.
- 34% say they have a moustache, 19% with sideburns, 17% have a goatee, 6% have a full beard, and 3% have a soul patch.
Astonish Your Friends
- The average man will have spent 900 hoursshaving (the equivalent of 37 1/2 days) between ages 15 and 75.
- The majority of men, 84%, shave at the sink. Another 15% of men shave in the shower.
- Men between the ages of 18 and 24 shave an average of four times a week.
- Men over the age of 35 shave an average of six times a week.
- The average man begins to shave regularly when he begins to work regularly.
- The average man spends 10-15 hours a year shaving.
- The average shave lasts 3 ½ minutes.